It snowed yesterday...October 12 and it snows, and now it is Friday the 13th. The Apocalypse has arrived!
Growing up in Maine I have experienced some bad winters; huge amounts of snow, and bitter cold temps. But, I must admit, I am a little concerned about my first winter in Chicago. Being on the corner of Illinois and McClurg, the wind from the lake whips through my street...freezing the marrow in my bones. And to think just last weekend I had to take my sweatshirt off because I was too hot.
Enough griping about the weather...it is now time to prepare. To survive this winter, I have created the following list of needs;
- Boots: LL Bean is the king boots. So, when in Maine for Thanksgiving I am going to pick me up some them Bean boots. Learn more.
- Hat: I have plenty of snow hats from my Maine days, but I may need to invest in a hat that stops the wind from creating ice cubes on my brain. Learn more.
- Gloves: Again, plenty, but now that I am a city slicker I will need to find some warm, but fashionable gloves. Learn more.
- Hot Pockets: The key to keeping cold spots toasty. Learn more.
- Balm: Gotta protect those sensitive areas. Learn more.
- Warm socks: Keep them tootsies warm. Learn more.
- Crock Pot Recipes: Nothing like some warm chili on a cold day! Learn more.
- Football: There is nothing like a little football to warm the soul. Learn more.
- Hot Cocoa: Warm the belly with high quality hot cocoa. Learn more.
- A warm body: Two bodies is better than when trying to stay warm. Learn more.
- Vacation: Nothing better than getting away from the bitter cold like flying some place warm. Learn more.
There you have, a sure-fire way to nip Old Man Winter in the butt. Let me know if I forgot anything.